Get a CSC account and a project
This document includes the information required when starting to use CSC supercomputers and other services.
This document is a simplified version of the accounts and projects guide in research.csc.fi.
Create a CSC account
💬 Every user needs a project and user account for using CSC services.
- Go to MyCSC
- Click Log in or Get started.
- Click Virtu or Haka depending on which federation your home organization is a member of.
- Select your home organization and log in to their identity service.
- Fill in your information on the Sign up page.
- Set your password
- Use 12 characters or more, containing both upper and lowercase letters and at least one number. No special characters are allowed.
- You will receive your CSC user account information via email.
💬 To use CSC supercomputers every account has to be a member of a project. Access to a supercomputer (service) and computing time are tied to projects.
💡 The default project called “Personal group of N.N.” is not meant for submitting jobs
- Join a project
Add services to your project
- Login to MyCSC
- Click My Projects and select a project
- In the bottom right corner you see the services section
- Select Puhti, (Mahti) and Allas, approve the terms and conditions and click Add service
💭 Docs: user account at CSC
💭 Docs: Project access to CSC services
💭 Docs: Project Manager